Get your giggle on at Panthers Comedy Night!
You’ll lol at Giggles – Panthers Comedy Night, now held in Squires Terrace Bar, on the last Thursday of every month. We bring you the hottest comedians in Australia to Penrith, for one night only. We showcase a different line-up every month. They say laughter is good for the soul. And it’s true, laughter has been proven to decrease stress hormones and release endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. So sit back, grab yourself a drink and laugh yourself silly at Giggles – Panthers Comedy Club. We look forward to seeing you in fits of laughter soon.
UPCOMING LINE UP – Headliner – Darren Sanders, MC – Andre King, Feature Act – Peter Meisel
Date: Thursday 24 January
Over 18 Years | Squires Terrace Bar
Headliner – Darren Sanders
DARREN SANDERS has been performing stand-up comedy for over 24 years (on TV shows Stand Up Australia, Rove, In Melbourne Tonight & The Russell Gilbert Show) and is a regular headline act at comedy clubs and corporate events. Recently he has been performing on cruise ships in The USA, Asia, New Zealand and South Pacific entertaining nationalities from all over the world. He even opened for the legendary musical group The Temptations on their 2017 Australian tour.
2012 saw The Darren Sanders Show, a late night chat show, air nationally on free to air and cable in both Australia and New Zealand to favourable reviews from critics. In 2013 the Nine Networks GO Channel also screened 4 episode of The Darren Sanders Show and a further 8 episodes in 2014/15. Series 4 was broadcast nationally on Foxtel’s Aurora Channel in 2016.
Darren has been a part of panel discussion shows on Studio 10 (A show he named), The B Team with Peter Berner on Sky News and also on Radio station 2UE’s Lunchtime Lowdown. He has appeared in A Place to Call Home, Underbelly 3 and the feature film by Working Dog ‘Any Questions for Ben’ where he had the honour of having the last line in the film. He can also be seen playing himself in the movie ‘Shooting Goldman’.
In 2006, The Dazz and Gazz Radio Show on TV beamed out in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide. In 2009 Darren Sanders & Garry Who joined forces again to produce the program ‘Talking Comics with Dazz and Gazz’ which took out Best Comedy Program at the 2009 Antenna Awards in Melbourne.
Between May 2001 and September 2013 Darren operated and ran The Laugh Garage Comedy Club in Sydney and in 2017 has opened the Sydney Comedy Club located at Luna Park.
Darren can be heard alongside fellow comedians Garry Who and Mick Meredith on the podcast ‘Grumpy Old Comedians’.
MC – Andre King (Direct from New Zealand)
Andre King is a comedy powerhouse whose stinging punchlines have been blindsiding comedy audiences around the world. One of the funniest comedians to see live and one of the most difficult to follow. Originally from New Zealand, he has spent the last six years travelling throughout the United Kingdom, Europe, South East Asia and the Pacific. He is a regular on New Zealand television screens, hosting his own TV series (Hardcase) and stars in the world’s number one rated comedy web series ‘The High Road’.
Ridiculously well-crafted observations combined with razor-sharp improvisation bound together with accents and impersonations make for a comedian who’s had more standing ovations than hot dinners… and let’s face it… he doesn’t look like he has skipped any meals.
- ‘King’s comedy sparks & tickles with an enigmatic cheek…’ – Nic Smythe – Theatreview
- ‘King was hilarious! Had the audience in the palm of his hand…’ – Kelly Badman – South Waikato Times NZ
- ‘King’s zipping lines were gems no European would even contemplate trying!’ – Denis Edwards – NZ Herald
- ‘Kings comedy is like the squeaky hinge on the lid of Pandora’s box!’ – Mark Neilsen – Radioworks Dunedin NZ
- ‘One of New Zealands finest comedy exports…irresistibly funny!’ – Mark Ritchie – The Stage UK
- ‘King is funny, witty and confident, his presence is as large as his suit!’ – Joseph Trotter – Three Weeks Edinburgh
- ‘Endearing, hilariously caricatured impressions and accents. Comedy at it’s most sincere and civilised!’ – Joanna Alpern – Broadway Baby Edinburgh 2012
- ‘…stand up comedy of the highest caliber, devastatingly funny!’ – Lachlan MacIntyre – Cream of The Fringe Edinburgh
- ‘Razor Sharp’ – Phuket Gazette Thailand
- ‘A comedy sensation…’ – Croatian National Television
Feature Act – Peter Meisel
Peter Meisel is a New York City expatriate who has been living in Sydney for over 30 years. He moved to Australia to become a teacher but when he found all of his students laughing at him he started stand-up comedy.
It has been nearly 20 years now and Peter has performed on television, film, comedy clubs as well as his bedroom. And depending on whom you ask, he has made millions of people chuckle, guffaw, and chortle at him or with him.
- “…I thought putting in Peter Meisel as a last-minute substitute wouldn’t work, because he was here 2 weeks ago, and 2 weeks before that…but he smoked it…there was so much laughing that I actually laughed, even though I knew the punchlines” – Sidney Critic’s Blog
- “…the comics were great, Peter Meisel having my partner in tears” – John Knowles, Drum Media
- “I have seen Peter Meisel … quite simply soar.” – Demetrius Romeo, Revolver
- “Meisel is running hot, plying them with his self-effacing style.” – Underworld Magazine
- “Thanks, Peter you are a wonderfully talented comedian with a great future. You have an incredible ability to make people laugh. A rare and precious gift. Thank you for a wonderful and successful season.” – Will Scarlet, Producer, Writer & Director of the musical, The Great Pretenders.
- “The brilliant comedian, Peter Meisel, warmed the crowd.” – Sasparella, 3 D World
- “Peter is hysterically funny. If only he’d clean up his room.” – Elsa Meisel, Peter’s Mom